Main purpose of the job:
We are looking for a detail-oriented Service Manager to manage our service department and handle customer service interactions, reports, and repairs. The Service Manager's responsibilities include providing the highest level of customer service, developing lasting customer relationships, and managing the service team members. The Service Manager maintains a strong working knowledge of all industry standards and practices as well as the company's products and services. To be successful as a Service Manager, you should display a strong sales-minded attitude as well as excellent leadership skills. You should also have the ability to develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with customers and third-party vendors.
Desirable education and experience:
- Previous management experience may be advantageous.
- Strong industry knowledge.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Computer literacy and good organizational skills.
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Understanding routing and logistics background will be advantage.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Delegating and directing service tasks, monitoring the progress of current projects, and managing service team members to ensure the team's objectives and sales goals are met.
- Handling customer complaints or concerns quickly and professionally to maintain good customer relationships and ensure repeat customers.
- Assisting with or performing administrative tasks, such as managing and updating invoices, processing new orders, and tracking inventory.
- Resolving service desk problems and improving service methods to increase the service desk's productivity and customer service.
- Monitoring department issues and client complaints to create methods to lessen recurring issues.
- Auditing work and customer service to ensure the company's high standards, efficiency, and productivity goals are met.
- Maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, dealers, and Sales Representatives.
- Helping to train new employees in company procedures.
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry regulations, restrictions, and laws, ensuring the company's adherence to these regulations, and remaining current on the industry's standards and new innovations, materials, tools, and processes.
Closing Date: 24th September 2020
Empact Group is committed to Employment Equity in line with legislation and will give first preference to candidates as per Equity requirements.
By applying for a role within Empact Group (Proprietary) Limited, all Personal Information which you provide to the Company will be held and/ or stored securely for the purpose of recruitment. Your Personal Information will be stored electronically in a database. Where appropriate, some information may be retained in hard copy. In either event, storage will be secure and audited regularly regarding the safety and the security of the information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive communication within 2 weeks from closing date.
Kindly note that your CV will be entered a Talent Pool and that we may contact you for